Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Backtrack with me

Oops.... I completely forgot to publish the post that included pictures from Carson's birthday party. :) I was so excited to share them and then somehow managed to not publish... This just dawned on me when I was reviewing the last few posts...... I am blaming pregnancy.... :) Yep... That's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Any way without further ado.. Here are the pictures from our special man's very first birthday party!!!!!

I set up a photo spot with these masks. This is Carson's physical therapist. She and her family joined us which was a huge blessing and encouragement.





This is our assistant pastor, our school principal, and our very good friend/mentor. You are welcome Mr. ___What more could I possibly say?































































































These are lovely lady friends. The gal on the right won our m&m game.



Right at this time... about 30 mins into our party we were bumped out of the spot we had chosen and decorated because another family had it reserved for their party. It was a unfortunate circumstance but really was such a blessing to my heart as I watched every one of our guests pitch in to help and move the party to a new location. We were right in the middle of the cake eating and so here is Carson mid- cake. :)



"May I finish that yummy thing, please?"

reset the game table

Presents!!!! WOW!! Thank you everyone for your gifts.

All moved. :) Were closer together now and more cozy.

Cozy. :)

Back to the cake

rrrrroooarrr

This is Carson's very special girl. However, I think he was a little more into me this time because I had just given him cake.

"Mema, There are soooo many good presents... I will have to carry them with my arms this far apart."
Again thank you so very much to those who joined us for this special event. I cannot even believe that we have had Carson's first birthday party. Much less, grasp that we had such a wonderful and special day shared with those who have blessed us so much with their love, support, prayers, and friendship. It's no suprise that we think Carson is a special guy. This year that we have shared with him has brought us so much joy, and so much happiness. He has changed our lives. He has brought us closer together, and we can do nothing less than the Praise the Lord.


I did something special this year at Carson's birthday. I asked that our guests write a quick note to include in Carson's memory book. As I have read over those my heart is filled with love and pride, and I decided to share a few in our blog. I will be leaving out the specific names for their privacy.

    I am just praying that you get to walk like a pro and maybe get to play some sports. You are special because you are a soldier. You are so cute. Love you.- .(my best friend's 11 year old daughter)

    To sweetest Carson! 
 You are considered the precious boy of so many people. I was very excited for your arrival- and you didn't dissapoint; with a personality that fills a room. :) I'm looking forward to see God's work in your life. You're destined to be an amazing man! 

   Well happy- happy birthday Carson.
Just to let you know how special you are. I know the Lord has great plans for you. I hope and pray that as you get older, that you may Him as your Lord and Savior, to grow in His will. You're just one cool little boy....


   What makes you special is the power of prayer that I've seen answered because of you. You are such a blessing to me and to our whole church. I can't wait to see what else the Lord has in store for you! 


  Carson, Our little freind..
Our life is different now knowing you. Seeing this precious boy grow with the love of Jesus all around him. teach us Carson, what we need to see, hear, and know.


My heart just smiles. Thank you family and friends, thank you blog friends. Each of you have touched our hearts and added joy to our journey. If you would like to add a comment for me to place in Carson's memory book, I will more than gladly accept them. You can either email it to me, or post it as a comment on this page.


One more note from mommy.
     Happy First Birthday my handsome little man. I am so very proud of joy and am so excited to see you grow, and see the Lord continue to use you for His glory. I am praying for you, and always cheering you on. You have far exceeded all of my hopes and I love you more than words could ever say, and I am so blessed to call you mine.

3 comments:

  1. So, so, super, sweet. :) Happy Birthday AGAIN Carson. :) Looks like your party was a blast! You are one special little dude and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! And he looks totally happy, and in love with cake! A boy after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! So sweet! Loved the cake pictures. How awesome!!

    ReplyDelete