Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!



Because He Lives
1. God sent His Son - they called Him Jesus,
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Chorus:
Because He lives I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

2. How sweet to hold a newborn baby
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because Christ lives.

 I remember hearing this song just before I delivered... what a incredible blessing it was then, and today. Christ does live!!! Through him, I have salvation, and I have hope--- He is a risen Saviour.

Although, to me things are so unknown, uncontrollable, and overwhelming, Christ has promised me that he cares.  According to this verse ( one of my favorites) it is me simply humbling myself to trust Him. 
1Peter 5:6-7  "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. "

 There is no better time to consider His love and his care for me than Easter, what an incredible sacrifice God made for me. What an incredible God I have!!!  I hope that you had a wonderful Easter, and I hope more that we all remember his power and his love for us.


8 comments:

  1. I love that verse... Looks like a great Easter celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song always gets me. Such comfort and so applicable to our "uncertain days." I remember the first sunday we brought Jet to church we sang that song and I felt like it was for us. :) Glad you had a happy Easter and glad to know our Longhorns connection! lol. It's the high school version but hey - that counts! How did Carson's doc appointment go (from your last post)? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna- Thank you! Carson's last appt. with the neuro. was some bad news--- maybe--- The ct scan showed that his ventricles had enlarged. His head circumference was also slightly larger. We are going to wait another 2 months then do a follow up ct. A shunt is pending based upon those results. I had the update pots all written up for that :) but left the camera in the car with the pics I wanted to add, I just forgot to go back. Thank you so very much for your sweet comments and the friendship we have started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the song I've been singing ever since church yesterday morning! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the large Baptist church in MaryEsther,Fl there is a deaf child & his mom always sings in sign language w/ the choir. She & a large group of children performed this song it was beautiful to watch. Happy Easter, i wish you would have put up more Easter Pics!!!! Maybe you will later...hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Karen. Did you get your surprise in the mail? Know we are thinking about you everyday and wish we could hug you. Hopefully in a few weeks that wish will come true! Hang in there sis. You're doing a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey daughter #3...just want to say I love ya and look forward to seeing you and your precious family tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a dream about Carson last night. You came to visit, so I got to meet him. It was such a realistic that, I almost feel like I did. He was very happy & playful and in my dream I spent hours with him. I just loved him. Well, I do love him even though I have yet to meet him. You can tell him that. I guess you can also Carson is dreamy. LOL

    ReplyDelete