Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I heard a song today entitled Don't let me miss the glory. The lyics to the chorus are these Don't 

Don't let me miss the grace

All creation is singing
To the honor of Your name

Don't let me miss the wonder
Don't let me miss the grand design
And the lightning and the thunder
Lord open up my eyes
Don't let me miss the glory

And while this song perfectly speaks to the fact that God is so good and has so much grace and goodness that we all too often overlook.  I couldn't help but think about this song in a different context today. 

My babies. 

I have two precious and perfect babies. Two babies that are way too quickly becoming non-babies. And the words ring so loud and clear... Oh Lord, please don't let me miss your glory, and don't let me miss the glory of motherhood. The joy of playing in the water on a hot May day. 

You see I went outside to just water the flowers.. My intention was quick and simple.... But I left the front door open. Silas followed me out immediately and Carson was right behind. Carson wanted to be misted. My first thought was... No, its almost nap time, and I don't want to have to change your clothes before that.  Praise the Lord I had a second thought... Okay, just a few squirts since he said please. Well a few squirts turned into a full out play with the hose day. And,  I haven't laughed this hard in a good while. Silas made some of the funniest faces... they both did. We all got soaked, and sunburned. But we all laughed and laughed. 

I enjoyed the glory, the wonder, the grand design of these two babies today and I am so glad I did. 


He loved it until it hit his face

Then he didn't know what to think. He would shake a second, then get a huge grin on his face 

And go right back at it




Carson decided to get a little closer. He was at first just staying where he got a little sprinkled

He wasnt sure whether to trust Silas with the hose 




He shouldn't have


They both got each other at this point 





Add caption

Every time he was absolutely soaked he would run right over to me and give me a big ol' hug. 

Precious Precious day 

No comments:

Post a Comment