Friday, February 25, 2011

Finally Friday

Today is finally Friday! There is something about a Friday that just makes you want to shout!!! Literally jump up and shout!!! This week has been very hard in Carson's Corner. In fact, I'm suprised I didnt think about setting him in a corner this week. I did threaten a poke with a sharp stick (my dad's favorite line). Any way today, I am rejoicing. This week has been hard... but this week is almost over. Like every other week before it... It will be gone.

Time flies too quickly as you are raising a child. I am in shock that our little boy is not so little (23 lbs.) and is getting in his big boy teeth. Soon ( 8 weeks away) our little boy will be the big brother as we welcome little boy#2. All of this happened way too quickly. I'm picking out the double stroller, sewing baby blankets, and starting to waddle. All the while Carson is beginning to say more words, crawl better, and navigate me to Target's snack bar so that he can have popcorn. I'm not kidding ---- the boy points and directs me by grunts how to get there as soon as we enter the store. :)

He also has turned into the biggest flirt in town. I told Bob today that he is not allowed to take Carson out without me. The girls flock him. As we were eating our lunch every waitress in the restaurant came over to tell their little buddy, "hello". To which he can now wink and blow kisses. The other night we were out with our Pastor and his wife. As the waitress is clearing the table I notice Carson's hand is pinching her hiney. Of course I'm bright red and embarrassed as I grab his hand and apologize. That's one of those stories I'm going to tell at his wedding and embarrass the socks off him. Payback.

So amid the terrible teething we have had some fun. What a blessing to just stop and realize how special and amazing and wonderful he is. How different he has made life, and how happy we are to be his parents. So happy Friday everyone!!! Congrats on another week completed.

These pictures were taken last week, but made me smile and encouraged me through this week. 
baby bump sighting. :)





9 comments:

  1. That story about the waitress is hilarious! Hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I missed that little guy! Those stories are TOO cute! Jet is trading most of his flirting for fussing and pitching fits of independence lately. I don't know what to do with him sometimes! :) But I'm so excited for you and your soon to be family of 4! Woo-hoo! More baby bump sightings to come I hope!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for posting the update on face book! I'm so forgetful, this is a BIG help for this Oma! You are a very proficient writer Karen! Praying that Mr. Carson isn't quite so grumpy this weekend! Love you daughter #3~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to LOVE having 2 boys. It is absolutely exhausting but so much fun! And no body loves their momma like boys do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute! Two kids are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable! Hang in there.

    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Carson! :) Can't wait to hug you again. It was so wonderful seeing you all on Skype the other night. We need to do that more often! Seriously. Love you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopped in to say "hi" and follow your blog. My brother was a college roommate of your husband's and he just sent me the link to your site today. It sounds like you have an amazing story to share! Best wishes as you welcome another precious little one into your family!

    ReplyDelete